June 2021 SIG Updates
SIG Arts and Humanities invites all interested scholars to attend its 2021 virtual symposium, 2021 ASIS&T SIG-AH Symposium: "How Arts and Humanities Within Information Science Technology Convey Understanding of Justice in Society."
Wednesday, June 23, 2021, 1:00 PM - 7 PM EDT (Find your time here.)
Find more details about the symposium here.
Register now for the symposium.
Call for Content for SIG-III Summer Newsletter
SIG-III has put out a call to its members for content for the Summer 2021 issue of their newsletter! Find details and guidelines here.
InfoShare Membership Award 2021
The ASIS&T's Special Interest Group on International Information Issues (SIG-III) is sponsoring another group of deserving Information Professionals from developing countries for complimentary ASIS&T memberships (the financial burden of which would otherwise be prohibitive) for the year 2021. As such, they are seeking nominations of candidates for the InfoShare Membership Award 2021.
SIG-III looks forward to welcoming new members to ASIS&T from across the globe, especially from countries that have never been ASIS&T members or have limited ASIS&T membership. Women, minorities, and candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Visit the SIG-III website to find out how to apply or nominate a deserving information professional.
The deadline for submitting nominations is June 30th, 2021 & the announcement of successful candidates is July 10th, 2021.
2021 International Paper Contest Results
SIG-III is pleased to announce the results of SIG-III International Paper Contest (IPC) 2021:
- Sia Wan Qi, & Nurul Afiqah, M.E.S. Usage of SNS among Underprivileged Entrepreneurs: Effect of Social Capital and Attachment. Department of Library & Information Sciences, Faculty of Computer Science & Information Technology Universiti Malaya, Malaysia.
- Amara Malik, Talat Islam and Khalid Mahmood. Information Sharing Behavior of Facebook Users in Pakistan: A Case of COVID-19. University of the Punjab, Lahore-Pakistan
- Ghulam Murtaza Rafiq. Impact of Knowledge Sharing on Nurses' Job Satisfaction: The Mediating Effect of Innovation Behavior. Department of Information Management, University of Sargodha, Sargodha, Khalid Mahmood, University of the Punjab, Lahore-Pakistan
- Nurul Afiqah Mohammed Ebnu Saifudin. Information Needs and Seeking Behaviour of Women Entrepreneurs: The use of Social Media. Department of Library & Information Sciences, Faculty of Computer Science & Information Technology Universiti Malaya, Malaysia.
The SIG-KM Summer Newsletter is now available.
SIG-OIM invites all its members to a series of virtual coffee and conversation sessions to be held later in June. With membership at approximately 250 members, SIG-OIM leadership intends for these sessions to lead to more extensive and enriching engagement among members.
These sessions will be held via Zoom on the following dates:
- Thursday, June 24, 2021, at 12:00 pm ET
- Thursday, June 24, 2021, at 8:00 pm ET
- Monday, June 28, 2021, at 6:00 pm ET
To join any of these sessions, go to www.zoom.us/join
Then use the following:
Meeting ID: 839 8114 4224
Find more details and the session agendas in the iConnect post.
SIG-USE will host our June "social hour" on June 23rd at 11 AM CDT. This month's social hour will focus on the terms we use to describe what we do. Can information behave? Can information practice? What about experience? Where does seeking end and acquisition begin? Isn't it all use? I invite everyone to log in with a mug of your favorite tea or coffee and engage in a fun, casual, and informative conversation.
Below is the Zoom information
Topic: SIG-USE Social Hour: The Terms We Use and Why
Time: Jun 23, 2021 11:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 863 6773 4217