The following journals have accepted articles on the history and philosophy of information science:
- Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology (JASIST) http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/(SICI)1097-4571(1999)50:11%3C%3E1.0.CO;2-H/issuetoc The JASIS 50th anniversary issues (50.11, 50.12) contained papers from many active SIG HFIS members.
- Education for Information https://www.iospress.nl/journal/education-for-information/. One special issue, 33(1), on philosophical topics in information science, and additional relevant articles in other issues; e.g., 34(3).
- Information Processing and Management http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/03064573
- Information & Culture: A Journal of History https://utpress.utexas.edu/journals/information-culture
- Library & Information History (UK) http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/ylbh20
- Library Trends https://www.press.jhu.edu/journals/library_trends/
- Knowledge Organization http://www.isko.org/ko.html
- IEEE Annals of the History of Computing www.computer.org/annals. Two special issues on the history of library automation were published in 2002 under the direction of Boyd Rayward.
- Libraries: Culture, History, and Society (ALA LHRT) http://www.psupress.org/Journals/jnls_LCHS.html
- Open Information Science https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/opis#